[mapserver-users] Building MapScript 5.4: linker errors

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Thu Feb 3 17:12:25 EST 2011

> I think I found it, see below:
>> -I/usr/include/php/TSRM -I -c -o php_mapscript_util.o
>> php_mapscript_util.c
> Notice the "-I -c -o ..." sequence
> "-I" expects an argument which is an include directory

This seems to correspond to $(PHP_REGEX_INC)
This is defined in mapscript/php3/Makefile as PHP_REGEX_INC=-I
Definitely true that we're NOT using PHP's bundled library, but this
should be blank instead of -I

If I correct this, MapScript compiles successfully. And it loads a
mapfile too. Yay!

I am going to track this down and find out what went wrong, and if it
seems appropriate I'll file a bug report via the website as usual.

Thanks for the second pair of eyes, Daniel!

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security

"No one cares if you can back up — only if you can recover."