[mapserver-users] Bug or User error? MINSIZE not working

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Feb 3 23:55:52 EST 2011

Hi All,

Thomas maybe you know this?

I have a layer:

   SYMBOL
     NAME "dots"
     TYPE SIMPLE
     STYLE 1 3 END
   END
   LAYER
     NAME "World Admin-1 Z1"
     GROUP "cb"
     STATUS DEFAULT
     TYPE LINE
     DATA "not-nt2/10m-admin-1-states-provinces-lines-shp"
     PROJECTION "init=epsg:4326" END
     MAXSCALEDENOM  50000000
     MINSCALEDENOM   5000000
     CLASS
       STYLE
         COLOR "#aaaaaa"
         SYMBOL "dots"
         WIDTH 1
         MINSIZE 8000.0
       END
     END
   END

MapServer version 5.6.6 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=ICONV
SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I can not get any of these lines to turn off. I have tried, variations
of large MINSIZE values, commenting out the SYMBOL, using SIZE or WIDTH.
No value of MINSIZE seems to have any impact. A large number of the
lines are under 5 pixels at the scale I'm using 28M. The lines display
fine I just need to turn off the short ones to declutter the image.

I spent all night on this with no success so I guess its time to ask.

-Steve W