[mapserver-users] WMS SLD Troubles

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Mon Feb 7 04:58:13 EST 2011

Hello,

We're using a OpenStreetMap Postgis database as a source for our
geo-servers. We want to provide WMS and WFS services on the data. In
order to do the styling only once, we are using SLDs, which works mostly
fine.

One of our layers does not render as a WMS, it throws a
"msEvalRegex(): Regular expression error. String failed expression
test." Error during execution.

We identified the layer, and it's the one rendering post boxes. The
corresponding SLD definition is using a filter:

     <Filter>
      <PropertyIsEqualTo>
       <PropertyName>amenity</PropertyName>
       <Literal>post_office</Literal>
      </PropertyIsEqualTo>
     </Filter>

Using debug-level 5, the mapfile after SLD application looks like

     # ...
     # more definitions
     # ...
     CLASSITEM "amenity"
     DATA "nway FROM
             (SELECT way as nway, osm_id, amenity, name
                 FROM planet_osm_point
                     WHERE amenity='post_box'
                                                 OR amenity='post_office'
             )
            as foo using unique osm_id using SRID=900913"
     # ...
     # more definitions
     # ...
     CLASS
       NAME "Unknown"
       EXPRESSION ("[amenity]" = "post_box")
       STYLE
         ANGLE 360
         COLOR 0 0 0
         SIZE 40
         SYMBOL "http://192.168.0.111:8502/sld/img/briefkasten.png"
         WIDTH 1
       END
     END

We simply can't figure out, what might be the problem here. The whole
issue seem to be related to the filter element, removing it makes the
layer render. Using the generated map layer, rendering fails with the
same error.
So I would be happy if someone with more experience with SLDs can give
me a hint about whats going wrong here.

Frank

--
Frank BRONIEWSKI