[mapserver-users] GetfeatureInfo-Request in an UTF-8 environmentwith shapfile in cp-1252

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Feb 9 05:09:00 EST 2011

Hi,

For those willing to change shapefile character encoding physically, OpenJUMP (www.openjump.org) is nowadays a handy tool for changing the codepages.  Just select the codepage to use when opening the shapefile, and similarly codepage to use when saving shapefile through "Save Dataset As...".  Version 1.4.x of OpenJUMP is needed and codepage query must be activated first from the "Customize - Options" menu item.

-Jukka Rahkonen-