[mapserver-users] trouble migrating from ms4w to IIS5.1 - ecw blank image

christian cstock at skm.com.au
Wed Feb 16 00:32:13 EST 2011

I've setup MapServer via MS4W which works fine. I'm trying to migrate
MapServer from Apache to IIS 5.1 which is working mostly, however, I can't
get a map file including an ECW to work, all I get is a blank page.

1) I'm running Apache on port 85 (and IIS on default port 80), ie:
http://localhost:85/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/spot_vic.map&layer=SPOT_Vic&mode=map

This works fine.

2) I copied all files in Apache/cgi-bin to Inetpub/Server and created a
virtual dir with executable permissions. I tried all examples from 1-1 to
1-9 and they all run just fine, ie

http://localhost/Scripts/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/tutorial/htdocs/example1-5.map&layer=states&layer=states_line&layer=states_label&layer=modis&mode=map

works just fine

If I try

http://localhost/Scripts/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/spot_vic.map&layer=SPOT_Vic&mode=map

I get a blank map. This has me stumped as it's using exactly the same map
file as I'm using on Apache and both solutions are set up on the same
computer (IIS port 80, Apache port 85)

Obviously I need to set up something else in IIS, but I don't know what as
I'm not getting an error message and the example map files from the tutorial
work just fine.

Here's the map file, but it should be fine as it works using Apache:

#
# Start of map file
#

MAP
    CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "C:/ms4w/proj/nad/"

	NAME "SPOT_Victoria"
	STATUS ON
	SIZE 948 598
	IMAGETYPE PNG24
	EXTENT 140.9999817 -39.4999999 150.4999952 -33.4999853
	UNITS METERS
	SHAPEPATH "D:/Documents and Settings/cstock/My Documents/- Web
Data/SPOTMaps VIC"
	IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

	WEB
		METADATA