[mapserver-users] Clip Raster with a Polygon

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Feb 18 10:04:37 EST 2011

I've done some interesting things by setting a background color, and
then removing features (NOT these) by coloring them WHITE, which is then
converted to transparent, which then works like a mask.

bobb

>>> "Rahkonen Jukka" <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi> wrote:

Hi,

I have been thinking sometimes that there could be a huge polygon that
is always drawn on top of the raster layer.  'Area of interest' polygons
should be converted into holes in the mask polygon.  I have never tried
it in practice, though.

-Jukka Rahkonen-