[mapserver-users] GDAL input formats

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 4 19:33:25 EST 2011

On 11-01-04 03:14 PM, David Hildebrand wrote:
> I'm wondering how to specify a particular GDAL format.  I have some
> 3-band floating point images in ENVI format and I would like to retain
> that format because I have GDAL support.  Secondly, would it be better
> to convert them to GeoTiff files?  Would it also be better to scale them
> to, say 16-bit signed integer files?

David,

I searched back a bit in the archive, but I couldn't find any leadup
discussion to the above.  It seems to lack context.

So, you have 3band floating point images in ENVI format and you would
like to retain that format.  Is there something holding you back?

You said you don't know "hjow to specify a particular GDAL format".  Do
you mean when you are generating output via GDAL such as with WCS?  Or
do you mean how you tell MapServer what format an input file is in?
You don't have to tell MapServer (or GDAL) what format a file is in.
It figures it out - assuming it is a supported format.

Does that help?

Best regards,