[mapserver-users] Mapserver installation

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sat Jan 1 23:43:04 EST 2011

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011, qazi iqbal wrote:

>    I have been trying to install mapserver on a Fedora core 7 server. I
>    know little bit about it but not much. I installed all the necessary
>    libraries. I run certain issues while configuration of the mapserver,
>    but eventually it went fine. Now after configure, I am trying to run
>    make command, but it is giving me error. I would really appreciate if
>    anyone can help me out of this. Below is the complete error:

<snip>

>    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lxslt
>    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>    make: *** [shp2img] Error 1

You are missing a library, or at least its headers.  I don't know
what the relevant package names are for Fedora.  Under
Debian/Ubuntu, I would search the package manager for xslt and the
development package (under Debian/Ubuntu, with a -dev suffix on the
package name).

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
http://www.parts-unknown.org/