[mapserver-users] Reporting lat/long from projected map units

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Wed Jan 12 10:34:57 EST 2011

This should be fairly straightforward, but I was wondering what is the
easiest and quickest way to convert coordinates on the fly.  All my data
is in UTM coordinates.  I want to report coordinates to the screen in
Lat/Long.  Changing the projections on the map files to lat/long
(EPSG:4326) is not an option, as this will cause problems elsewhere.  So
what I want to do is take point coordinates, either from a mouse click
or from UTM coordinates, project to lat/long, which will be reported in
a result window.  What is the quickest way to do this?