[mapserver-users] keyimage size and url

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Jan 12 15:09:11 EST 2011

Hi,

On 11/01/2011 12:24 PM, Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca wrote:

> Hi,
> In my mapfile I have a layer defined as a external WMS layer
> (CONNECTIONTYPE WMS, .....)
>
> I use KEYIMAGE to set the icon in my geoext legend.
> For a layer the legend is complex and the icon is very small. is it
> possible to change the size of a KEYIMAGE?

  assuming you are calling mapserver cgi with mode=legend, you can
change the keysize parameter by doing something like:
   http://.../mapserv?..&map.legend=keysize 100 100
> Also, is it possible to use a getLegendGraphic request to get the
> legend icon instead of using KEYIMAGE (it seems that we cannot provide
> a url with KEYIMAGE)?

  I think it should work from what I can see. It should use your
keyimage and respect the  width/height parameters sent with the
getLegendGraphic request.

> Does KEYIMAGE is the appropriate solution?
> thanks for your help,
> Steve

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst