Fwd: [mapserver-users] Reporting lat/long from projected map units

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Jan 12 11:03:15 EST 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Milo van der Linden <milo at dogodigi.net>
Date: 2011/1/12
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Reporting lat/long from projected map units
To: "Bistrais, Bob" <Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov>

Are you talking bout a web-app? Do you use a client like OpenLayers? What
programming language(s) do you use? Is your datasource a database? Like
postgis?

If you can get UTM coordinates from the mouseclick, the next best option (in
my opinion) would be to use proj4js:

http://proj4js.org/

Simply embed the js-library ad an event for mouse handling and convert:
screen->utm->4326.