[mapserver-users] mapserver defunct

Wim Vanbelle wimvanbelle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 07:23:42 EST 2011

The problem definately seems related to concurrency.

Load benching using 1 concurrent requests: 0 fails.
Load benching using 2 concurrent requests: +- 30% fails
more concurrent = more fails.

The failed seem to return with HTTP 500.

Running a shp2img during this time, still returns a good image.

I'll post more info about this topic and a resolution, if i find one :). Do
note that we're dealing with shapefiles with 3 000 000 linestrings. While
they consist only of 2 coordinates (begin end obviously), it's still a big
thing to load.