[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver ./config with with httpd executable

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 01:00:06 EST 2011

gregcorradini wrote:
> configure: checking HTTPD server (Apache) version...
>          using user-supplied httpd (/etc/init.d/apache2)
>          /etc/init.d/apache2 version is  ().

That shows that the configure program hasn't found any apache2 binary at
that location. Usually init.d contains only init scripts.

I know nothing about Ubuntu, but check this
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/httpd.html

Otherwise, just download Apache source and compile the dang thing
yourself. You will know for sure where it is located, because you will
tell it where to go. That is why I compile my own software and not use
package managers. There are no mysteries.

--
Puneet Kishor