[mapserver-users] Mapserver Storage

Mark Korver mwkorver at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:14:47 EST 2011

I think current S3 pricing for 50TB at 0.125/GB comes to about
6250/month.  That is for "Designed for 99.999999999% Durability".  I
can't even count that many 9s.  I know you can buy HDs for about
$50/TB = $2500 for that 50TB. Assuming you replace them all once a
year its still only $5000.

But we all know that to even get to 99.99 there are lot more parts to
the above equation.  Anybody have a ballpark on what it really costs
to park that 50TB on your server room rack?