[mapserver-users] python mapscript issue

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Jan 29 11:21:19 EST 2011

On 11-01-29 12:10 PM, bs wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm using an example from Ben Kroplas book: Beginning in GIS on how to use
> Mapscript Python bindings for projecting a map image.
> For some reason, however, when I attempt to create an image (image =
> map.draw()) the method does not return anything. It just hangs...
> see code here:  http://codepad.org/jLB7SrFV http://codepad.org/jLB7SrFV

Hi,

When I cause MapServer to crash I always enable debugging
(http://www.mapserver.org/optimization/debugging.html), usually the
cause will be in the MapServer log file.  Then if not I check the Apache
log file for the exact URL causing the problem, and then I run that CGI
query string at the commandline (again that is documented in that link
provided).

Sunny Saturday here on the east coast of Canada :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/