[mapserver-users] OGR to MySQL

Chris Green chris.green at ibstv.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 06:57:23 EDT 2011

Hi users

I'm having some trouble with an OGR connection to a MySQL database. The data
I'm trying to access was created using QGIS as a line layer and saved in a
MySQL table as a BLOB in a geometry column. I can access and properly
display this line data using QGIS, but not so far via Mapserver - nothing is
drawn and I can't see any error.

I am using Mapserver 6.0 and my mapfile is very similar to the example in
theMapserver / MYSQL  documentation:

LAYER

       NAME "testLine"

       TYPE   LINE

       STATUS  DEFAULT

       CONNECTIONTYPE  OGR

       CONNECTION  "mysql:testDB,user=admin,password=password,port=3306"

       DATA "SELECT Geometry from testLine"

       CLASS

              STYLE

                     COLOR  0 0 0

                     WIDTH  2

              END # style

       END # class

END # layer

If I look at the MySQL table using OGRinfo I see the following:

Layer name: testLine

Geometry: Unknown (any)

Feature Count: 0

Layer SRS WKT:

(unknown)

FID Coumn = id

Geometry Column = Geometry

The issue seems to be that OGRInfo and therefore MapServer does not
recognise any features in the table, but QGIS using access to the same table
finds and displays the features.

Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Chris