[mapserver-users] It takes more than 2 minutes for my map server to generate a world map

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 22:24:20 EDT 2011

I may be missing something but it sounds like you're drawing all 4659 images which would take a long time. Sorta defeats the purpose of tiling. Perhaps you could create some derived images at a reduced resolution to use in these cases instead of hitting the tiles. You'd use multiple layers with min/max scale values to control what's used. -Steve

Sent from my iPad