[mapserver-users] KML data coming from HTTP GET

luca.casagrande at gmail.com luca.casagrande at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 06:08:17 EDT 2011

2011/7/29 Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>:
> 2011/7/29 Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande at gmail.com>:
>> Hello everybody,
>> I am working to create a WMS service starting from Ushahidi [1] incidents.
>
> You forgot the link ;-)

Yep, sorry:
http://www.ushahidi.com/

>> With the API of the second one, I can access all incidents with a simple
>> HTTP GET request which return a KML file.
>> My first idea is to let cron download data every 10 minutes, but I don't
>> know if there is a better solution.
>>

> I don't know Ushahidi but you could use a WPS, for example ZOO can
> create a W*S as output (this features should be in the svn version)

Yes, I thought about using WPS service, but the problem is that the WMS output
is inserted in the WPS Execute response document so you need to parse it.
Another problem is that for each request the WMS url change (not sure
about this, but I'll investigate).

Ciao
L.

--