[mapserver-users] Display TAB point layer but get label from a second tab file

Peter Girgis pagirgis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:29:25 EDT 2011

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can assist me with this issue.

I have a TAB file which contains points and a second TAB file which contains
the labels.

The two TAB files are relational so I can look up the label using a unique
id however I cannot work out whether it is in fact possible to display
labels from a second TAB file based on a query.

This is similar to JOIN where you would lookup labels from a csv or database
however I canot see an option to do this from a TAB file.

I assume I may have to convert the TAB file with the labels into a database
table and dot he lookup that way but wanted to see if there was any native
way first.

Any assistance is appreciated.\

regards
Peter