[mapserver-users] WMS w/SLD - Can I get rid of the labels returned with a GetLegendGraphic request?

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Mar 8 17:33:58 EST 2011

Is it possible to get the GetLegendGraphic response from MapServer to not
include the labels for the classes (I'd just like a column of icons)?
Further info that may, may not, be relevant is that I am using an SLD to
display the WMS.

I can get the legend graphic fine, but the problem is that is says "default"
next to the colour swatch because "default" is the value provided in the  of
the  in the SLD. The data and the SLD are generated dynamically as part of a
larger process and there really is no useful name that can be associated
with the colour swatch. However, Name is a required entity of NamedLayer in
the SLD, so I have to put something in there. But, I don't want to see it in
the legend...

Is there any way I can stop it?