[mapserver-users] MapServer 6.0.0-beta1 release - Please test!

Andy Colson andy at squeakycode.net
Thu Mar 10 17:51:42 EST 2011

On 3/10/2011 4:39 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
>> On 10/03/2011 3:54 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>> A couple of points on this, MS6.0 no longer has a GD driver? is this
>>> correct? if so, then:
>>> a. need to add to migration guide
>>> b. need to indicate appropriate GD to AGG OUTPUTFORMAT conversions
>>> c. mapfile parsing should throw an error ob DRIVER 'GD/...'
>>>
>>> -Steve W
>>>

> On 3/10/2011 3:32 PM, Yewondwossen Assefa wrote:
>  > GD is still there . It is still there and does 8bit png and gif.
>  >

> Well, then I think somethings wrong. I cannot get GD to work at all, and
> I cannot get it to use anything else:
>
> andy at mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.jpg -i jpeg
> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
> references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>
>
> andy at mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i jpg
> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
> references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>
>
> -- yes, bob2 is defined as an outputform in my .map file as AGG/PNG
>
> andy at mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i bob2
> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
> references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>
>
> andy at mapper:/pub/maps$ shp2img -m blueearthmn.map -o tmp.png -i png
> loadOutputFormat(): General error message. OUTPUTFORMAT clause
> references driver GD/JPEG, but this driver isn't configured. <br>
>
> Does not seem to matter what I have in the .map file... nothing works.
>
> And I did compile GD in, why why wont it use it?
>
> -Andy

BA!  I was editing blueearthmn2.map but shp2img'ing blueearthmn.map

but still, I cannot get GD to work at all.  And it seems like the
outputFormats are colliding.  If I define:

	OUTPUTFORMAT
		NAME "bob2"
		DRIVER 'AGG/PNG'
		MIMETYPE "image/png"
		IMAGEMODE RGB
		EXTENSION "png"
	END

I can use bob2, but if I name it agg or aggpng24 (or whatever) it has
problems.  (same with jpeg and jpg, cant seem to use em)  If I use
anything "standard" I get an empty image back.  Meaning zero byte file.
  (from perl mapscript).  Using bob2 I can get an image back, and it
looks nice.

-Andy