[mapserver-users] Attributes with spaces in "gml_include_items"?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 1 08:35:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

In the OGC schema for WFS I can see that feature attributes are defined as
<xs:element name

Element is described at http://www.w3schools.com/schema/el_element.asp as
<element
id=ID
name=NCName

Continue with NCName to

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1631396/what-is-an-xsncname-type-and-when-should-it-be-used

"Practical restrictions of an NCName

The practical restrictions of NCName are that it cannot contain several symbol characters like :, @, $, %, &, /, +, ,, ;, whitespace characters or different parenthesis. Furthermore an NCName cannot begin with a number, dot or minus character although they can appear later in an NCName."

Conclusion: Space character is not allowed in the attribute name. You must use other means for styling the titles.

-Jukka Rahkonen-