AW: [mapserver-users] Corrupted zipped shapefiles from WFS

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Wed Nov 2 04:10:35 EDT 2011

This is simply a bug. This happens when a newline is accidentially sent to early. The web server treats this as the end of headers, merges the lines received so far with any  additional header lines required and sends them out to the client. Everything apart the first empty line will be presented as content.
Similiar things happened to me when I requested a GetFeature with a HTML template and received an error while using EXCEPTIONS=INIMAGE. MapServer had already sent the content-type header with value text/html but the error handler still respected the exceptions parameter and thought itself responsible to send the content-type header. The result was a html page starting with "Content-type: imag/png; mode=24bit" and a lot of junk - the exception as PNG image - funny.
The best thing you can do is reproduce the error with a minimal map file, may be with an inline feature and create a ticket if there no one yet.