[mapserver-users] WFS with several SRS?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Nov 8 13:51:14 EST 2011

Hi,

I am not sure.  It is allowed to use vendor parameters in WFS 1.0.0 and therefore so why not also srsName?   Geoserver and TinyOWS both support the use of srsName with WFS 1.0.0 and for users it can sometimes be very useful.  You can have a try with OpenGEO demo server which is at http://demo.opengeo.org/geoserver/wfs?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=getcapabilities.

For TinyOWS I you can compare the default
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway
and with srsName as vendor parameter
http://188.64.1.61/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=wfs&version=1.0.0&request=GetFeature&typename=lv:mml_railway&srsName=EPSG:2393

With http POST the situation is probably different. srsName does not belong to WFS xml schema and therefore TinyOWS which is validating requests strictly does not accept srsName in WFS 1.0.0 POST requests. However, I am remembering that Geoserver and probably also deegree WFS both accept srsName also in WFS 1.0.0 GetFeature with POST method.

I have been thinking that what is a real improvement in WFS 1.1.0 for majority of users is the support for srsName and what seems to be useful in WFS 2.0.0 is support for paging (use maxFeatures and offset for gathering WFS data in chunks). It would have been nice to add those two features into WFS 1.0.0 and let versions 1.1.0 and 2.0 for those who really love troubles.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

-Jukka Rahkonen-