[mapserver-users] GAP problem on MapServer 6.0.1

Jackey Cheung cheung.jackey at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:35:27 EST 2011

Hi all,

We are trying to render line direction on 6.0.1. However, there are
something weird with it.

SYMBOL
  NAME			"arrow_right"
  TYPE VECTOR
  POINTS
    5 6
    27 6
    25 0
    35 7.5
    25 14
    27 8
    5 8
    5 6
  END
  FILLED  TRUE
END

LAYER
  NAME              "traffic_direction"
  STATUS            DEFAULT
  TYPE              LINE
  MAXSCALEDENOM     5000

  CONNECTIONTYPE    POSTGIS
  PROCESSING        "CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER"
  CONNECTION        "host=xxxxxxx dbname=******* user=xxxxxxxxxx
password=************"
  DATA              "geom FROM view_render_traffic_direction USING
UNIQUE oid USING SRID=4326"

  CLASS
    NAME            "Traffic Direction"
    STYLE
      ANGLE         AUTO
      SYMBOL        "arrow_right"
      SIZE          6
      COLOR         0 0 250
      GAP           -200
      #GEOMTRANSFORM "start"
    END
  END
END

The layer above is rendered as 1.PNG. We've checked that there are
only one line (ring) there, but arrows are rendered problematic.
Then we've tried to change GEOMTRANSFORM to "start" or "end", then
rings seem OK, but all arrows at intersections got crossed, as 2.PNG.
We've also tried to use OFFSET and GAP with positive and negative
combinations, but none can solve the problem.

Can anyone shed some light for us? Thanks in advance.