[mapserver-users] gdal bigtiff support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 17 15:35:50 EST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Travis Kirstine
<traviskirstine at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created some tiled BigTiffs (6 GB) with gdal 1.8 with the
> internal tif lib.  I keep getting a  "msDrawRaster(): Image handling
> error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format
> drawEPP(): Image handling error. EPPL7 support is not available" when
> attempting render the the image with Mapserver 5.6.7 (w/ gdal 1.8).  I
> have also noticed that some of my non bigtiff tiled geotiffs are
> rendering with missing tiles and or in strange colours.  I can access
> the files with gdal without a issue.  Is there something I'm missing?

Travis,

Are you using full paths to the files in question.  I vaguely suspect
that the fopen()s used in path construction within MapServer do
not work properly with large files (>4GB).  If that turns out to be
the issue please file a ticket on it.

The work around would be to use a full path instead of depending
on SHAPEPATH or map relative path construction.

Best regards,