[mapserver-users] circular symbol at border of tiles

Andreas Heckwolf andreas.heckwolf at menturagroup.com
Thu Nov 17 02:54:13 EST 2011

Hi all,

I am using mapserver 5.6.5 as installed on Debian stable to render tiles
(WMS) to an OpenLayers map. Streets are rendered with a circular symbol.
At the border of tiles I do see part of the actual circle rendered.
Please see attached picture. I understand what is happening, and why. Is
there any way to avoid this, or a better way of rendering streets?

Thanks,

Andreas

Here my SYMBOL definition and the styles:

  SYMBOL
    NAME "line_solid"
    TYPE ellipse
    POINTS 1 1 END
    FILLED true
  END

Then for the streets layer I have defined the following styles:

      STYLE
        SYMBOL 'line_solid'
        COLOR 130 130 130
        SIZE 12
      END
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 'line_solid'
        COLOR 255 255 200
        SIZE 10
      END

MapServer version 5.6.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS
SUPPORTS=RGBA_PNG INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Heckwolf              Voice : +358 40 5847 445