[mapserver-users] Does MapServer, as a client, support WMS 1.3.0?

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Fri Nov 18 09:04:06 EST 2011

Jukka,

I have updated the documentation according to your comments.
I have also filed (and closed) a ticket (#4088).

If you (or anyone else) find other issues with the
documentation, please don't hesitate to file tickets (with
proposed solutions, if possible :-) ).

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/newticket

Håvard

On 11/18/2011 9:17 AM, Rahkonen Jukka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote about in on this list yesterday.
> Mapserver log file shows it clear:
> msBuildWMSLayerURL(): WMS connection error. MapServer supports only WMS 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 (please verify the VERSION parameter in the connection string).
>
> It is not mentioned in the Mapserver WMS client documentation, though.  I would guess that adding 1.3.0 support would mean some more code with the annoying CRS and BBOX coordinate axis order synchronising. At minimum there should be a new metadata selection for the axis order to be used with the remore server. Automatic axis order selection by the projection code would not work always before there cannot be any server in the world handling them all correctly.
> Well, there are for sure single ones thinking they do it right, but not two behaving in a similar way.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>
>> Peter Hopfgartner wrote:
>
>>> Hello,
>
>>> I could not find any information on the web about this.
>
>> Regards,
>
>> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Hopfgartner
> R3 GIS
> http://www.r3-gis.com

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/