[mapserver-users] Does MapServer, as a client, support WMS 1.3.0?

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Nov 18 03:17:06 EST 2011

Hi,

I wrote about in on this list yesterday.
Mapserver log file shows it clear:
msBuildWMSLayerURL(): WMS connection error. MapServer supports only WMS 1.0.0 to 1.1.1 (please verify the VERSION parameter in the connection string).

It is not mentioned in the Mapserver WMS client documentation, though.  I would guess that adding 1.3.0 support would mean some more code with the annoying CRS and BBOX coordinate axis order synchronising. At minimum there should be a new metadata selection for the axis order to be used with the remore server. Automatic axis order selection by the projection code would not work always before there cannot be any server in the world handling them all correctly.
Well, there are for sure single ones thinking they do it right, but not two behaving in a similar way.

-Jukka Rahkonen-

--
Peter Hopfgartner
R3 GIS