[mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver /tmp files appearing all of a sudden w/CONTEXT parameter used

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Nov 24 11:25:42 EST 2011

With respect to this problem of writing to the /tmp, rather than our
/ogc_tmp/ (IMAGEPATH) directory, one thing we have just tried though that is
interesting...

I mentioned earlier we were upgrading from 5.4 (I mis-spoke when I said 5.6)
to 6.0.1. As we still have both executables available on the same machine,
we tried switching them and making the same URL request. When the executable
is 5.4, the *.context.xml is written to /ogc_tmp/ but when the executable is
6.0.1, it is /tmp. For this particular functionality (the copying of the
WMC's contents), could there be an error reading the IMAGEPATH variable in
the code? My debugging capabilities in this particular environment are
visual only (just eyeballing the code and trying to find my way through it).
I can't actually step through the code at run time to see the value being
read when trying to put together the path for where to put the file but it's
the only thing I can think of that might explain what we're seeing.

Does anyone know if this is a valid possibility?

Steve, Thank you for your response. To answer your questions specifically,
we do not set IMAGEPATH and/or IMAGEURL in the Apache config files; only in
the map files. To be certain, though, I verified this again this morning.
With respect to the permissions, the Mapserver user doesn't have log on
permissions in this environment, so I can't get a shell as that user.
However, I checked the permissions for the folder and they include o+rwx. I
would think that should allow Mapserver to write to it.

Cheers,
jtm