[mapserver-users] symbol repetition

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at umb.no
Fri Nov 25 10:02:15 EST 2011

I think you have to do this in Mapscript.

You could create a new line layer where each line is
"cropped" so that its length is proportional to the
number of symbols you want.  Then you can style the lines
in this new layer using SYMBOL and GAP (negative number
to make the direction of the symbols follow the direction
of the line).

Håvard

On 11/23/2011 1:02 AM, knasia wrote:
> Hi,
> my task is to draw symbols along the road line (I have exact quantity).
> It should looks like in the picture beneath.
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/file/n7022589/map.png
> My data is road geometry and symbols quantity.
> Do you have an idea how to do this?
> KN
>
> --

Håvard Tveite
Department of Mathematical Sciences and Technology, UMB
Drøbakveien 31, POBox 5003, N-1432 Ås, NORWAY
Phone: +47 64965483 Fax: +47 64965401 http://www.umb.no/imt/