[mapserver-users] Crash on Labeling

Stuart.Harlan at modot.mo.gov Stuart.Harlan at modot.mo.gov
Wed Sep 7 16:30:24 EDT 2011

I am labeling roads.  I have a class using the TEXT directive like so:

TEXT 'Bus [NAME]'

This is for a business loop and labels in the map correctly with the
highway name in the place of [NAME].  I also have other "Loop"s.  I tried
this for the other loops:

TEXT 'Loop [NAME]'

...and I get the following label in the map:

Loop [NAME]

...just like you see it, with brackets and all.  Then I did some
experimenting.  When I try this in the config file:

TEXT 'q [NAME]'

...the entire process crashes.  Yes, that's simply a 'q'.  Are there
labeling issues in MapServer 6.0.1?  Because, I think I may have found
some.  I'm using a custom built binary (MSVC 10) on Windows 7.

Stuart Harlan