[mapserver-users] Hiding scale dependant layers in WMS GetCapabilities

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Sat Sep 10 07:44:49 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Is the following possible:  I have a MapFile with  a few groups, each
consisting of multiple layers that are displayed dependent on the chosen
scale. I want to display only the group names in the GetCapabilities
request, and according to

http://mapserver.org/trunk/development/rfc/ms-rfc-67.html#rfc67

this can be done  with the "ows_enable_request" directive. I have tried
different combinations of "ows_enable_request *" and "ows_enable_request
!getcapabilities" in the web- and layer metadata, but I get either
GetCapabilities for all layers, or for none at all. How can I get the
GetCapabilities of all groups and nothing more?

Jan