[mapserver-users] Html legend Layer Group Display in Mapserver

J D joaoxduarte at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 07:04:06 EDT 2011

Hello!
I wonder if anybody can help me to resolve a problem with html legend group
block tags issue.
I have a simple mapfile with a couple of layers using simplify names,
because of the Portuguese language I have some troubles causes by encoding.
I declare in the layer metadata the name that I want to show in the layer
name and layer group.

##### Mapfile #####
LAYER
  NAME "erpva_1"
  GROUP "erpva"
  METADATA
        "layer_group" "ESTRUTURA REGIONAL DE PROTECÇÃO E VALORIZAÇÃO
AMBIENTAL"
        "layer_name" "Corredores Ecológicos"
        "legend_order" "1"
  END
END

LAYER
  NAME "erpva_2"
  GROUP "erpva"
  METADATA
        "layer_group" "ESTRUTURA REGIONAL DE PROTECÇÃO E VALORIZAÇÃO
AMBIENTAL"
        "layer_name" "Áreas Núcleares"
        "legend_order" "2"
  END
END
##############

To compose the legend I use this HTML code:

[leg_group_html]
[/leg_group_html]
[leg_layer_html]
[/leg_layer_html]

The problem is in the group tag, instead of using [metadata
name=layer_group] if I use [leg_group_name] appear the simplified group name
“erpva”, but instead of that I want to show the metada “layer group”…
Someone can help me to resolve this issue?!?!

Best regards,
João Duarte