[mapserver-users] Hiding scale dependant layers in WMS GetCapabilities

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Tue Sep 13 08:46:17 EDT 2011

Got a solution for this question from an answer by Flavio Hendry on the
German mailing list to a slightly different question: use UNION layers,
a "new and exciting" (indeed!) item of MapServer 6. Just add
"ows_enable_request" "!GetCapabilities" to the WMS metatdata of layers
you want to hide, create a single UNION layer with all those layers in
the "connection" , and set that layer's metadata to "ows_enable_request" "*"

http://freegis.org/pipermail/mapserver-de/2011-September/004477.html
http://freegis.org/pipermail/mapserver-de/2011-September/004479.html

Jan