[mapserver-users] Text outline not working on line features

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Tue Sep 20 16:56:36 EDT 2011

This is an older version of MapServer, MS4W 2.3.1, MapServer 5.2.1.

Using a global file with the outputformat params:

	OUTPUTFORMAT
		NAME 'agg/png'
		DRIVER AGG/PNG
		IMAGEMODE RGBA
		FORMATOPTION "TRANSPARENT=TRUE"
	END

	OUTPUTFORMAT
		NAME 'print'
		DRIVER "GD/GIF"
		MIMETYPE "image/gif"
		IMAGEMODE PC256
		EXTENSION "gif"
		TRANSPARENT ON
	END

-So we're going to gif on the printout.

Not sure what you meant by label output.  But here's what I see- on the
web application, the labels are as they should be- they have the
background halo.  On the printed map, the label text itself appears, but
no background halo.

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that's the code being used in the .map file.