[mapserver-users] RE: Image Pyramid with gdal_retile and two UTM zones

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Sep 24 05:25:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

Use the -dstnodata parameter with gdalwarp http://gdal.org/gdalwarp.html
Then use the same value in LAYER OFFSITE http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html
Note that this works perfectly only if the warped images are in some lossless format. In jpeg, ecw etc. the nodata gets also slightly different RGB values and some pixels are then not transparent in Mapserver.

I have never tried alpha channels for masking the nodata area and I can't say it works with Mapserver.

-Jukka Rahkonen-