[mapserver-users] Proj 900913 and mapext lat/lon

Aurélien FILEZ kinju59 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:03:12 EDT 2011

Hi List,

I have data with projection 900913. My mapfile is configured to use this
projection. Until there, everything is fine.

Also I have an application which manage tiles cutting the world in lat/lon
coordinates. For exemple, from -180,-90,180,90, if the zoom=2 it want
retreive 4 tiles :
1) -180 -90 0 0
2) -180 0 0 90
3) 0 -90 180 0
4) 0 0 180 90

This done like this king of query :
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=MY_MAPFILE&mode=map&layers=all&mapext=minX+minY+maxX+maxY&mapsize=256+256

But it does not work fine. Tiles are well cutted in coordinates but not when
rendering..

Is there is a trick to make it ? Or maybe it's not possible to display in
900913 and exploit in 4326 ?

I'm a beginner..

Sorry for my bad english,
Regards