[mapserver-users] PHP Mapscript - debugging help

Carlos Ruiz boolean10001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 10:31:29 EDT 2011

Ian,

>We have moved from 5.x to 6.x are chasing an issue causing a segmentation
fault which appears to be related to the way we are

> defining the
symbols.

Are you talking about the SYMBOLSET file definition ? The segmentation fault throws when you invoke map->draw() ?

> We used to print_r the map object and then compare the one created from
the map file and the one we had created programmatically,

> however with
mapserver 6.x the print_r on the map object is empty.

If you can have both map objects (the one loaded and the other one created) I suggest you to use the map->save(file name) method to see the differences between them.

Cheers from México

IC Carlos Ruiz