[mapserver-users] Rendering weather data

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Sep 27 15:11:34 EDT 2011

Bob,

   Maybe.  I had considered some kind of programmed CGI-based URL
function to create the wind barb (hence the interest in UCAR's NCL), but
I don't think mapserver has the capability to use a URL as a symbol
reference (would be a nice enhancement).

    I don't know how to procedurally add components within a map file
using CLASS, STYLE, and SYMBOL.  Could be done with MapScript I suppose....

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser