[mapserver-users] Extent in grouped layers

Per Engström pereng at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:55:57 EDT 2012

Hello fellow MapServer Users!

I've been working with MapServer for some time now and I'm starting to get
a good grip of things. However I am currently facing a problem to which I
can not find a sollution.

What I need to do is to create a composite layer consisting of four
sublayers and set the projected extent of the composite layer. Each
sublayer gets an extent but the composite layer does not.

Is this possible to do? And if so, how?

I've tried to group the layers both with the GROUP tag and with the layer
object metadata "wms_layer_group". Both methods does group the layers but,
with neighter method the extent of the composite layer get set. With the
later metod I am missing an complementing metadata: "wms_group_extent",
which would work just like "wms_group_title", thus enabling setting the
extent of the group!?

I know it is possible to set the extent for the MAP object but this is not
an option in my case - I need to solve this problem on a more granular
level.

Regards,
Per