[mapserver-users] Trouble with spatialite layer

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Apr 20 00:26:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

They are OSM ocean polygons? Can I have a small sample so I could have a try.

I have also seen that Mapserver (OGR?) is too strict with data errors, usually it would be better to skip the faulty geometries errors and continue rendering.

If you had Windows machine you could test fast Spatialite rendering with this Mapserver version
http://hip.latuviitta.org/tiedostot/Latuviitan_nopea_ms4w.zip (preconfigured to start at port 8060)
and this Spatialite database
http://hip.latuviitta.org/tiedostot/OSM_Suomi_20120213.zip
The latter should be dropped into \ms4w\data

Be sure to have GDAL 1.9 and Mapserver from trunk if you compile Mapserver yourself. Otherwise you will not understand how fast Mapserver is with Spatialite.

-Jukka Rahkonen-
Sven Geggus wrote:

> Hello,

> I'm trying to render a spatialite layer.

> The spatialite file itself seems to be correct, because it can be
> viewed in qgis and can be dumped using ogrinfo:

> $ogrinfo /home/sven/osm/topo/ocean.sqlite polygons -summary
> INFO: Open of `ocean.sqlite'
>     using driver `SQLite' successful.

Layer name: polygons
Geometry: Polygon
Feature Count: 31672
Extent: (-20037508.342789, -20037508.342789) - (20037508.342789, 20037508.342789)
Layer SRS WKT:
PROJCS["WGS 84 / Pseudo-Mercator",
   GEOGCS["WGS 84",
         DATUM["WGS_1984",
          SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,
                AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
        UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","9122"]],
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]],
    UNIT["metre",1,
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"]],
    PROJECTION["Mercator_1SP"],
    PARAMETER["central_meridian",0],
    PARAMETER["scale_factor",1],
    PARAMETER["false_easting",0],
    PARAMETER["false_northing",0],
    EXTENSION["PROJ4","+proj=merc +a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +k=1.0 +units=m +nadgrids=@null +wktext  +no_defs"],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","3857"],
    AXIS["X",EAST],
    AXIS["Y",NORTH]]
FID Column = OGC_FID
Geometry Column = GEOMETRY

However this will not render in mapserver (6.0.1) using the following
layer syntax:

LAYER
   DEBUG 9
   MAXSCALEDENOM  2000000
   MINSCALEDENOM     5000
   NAME "meer"
   TYPE POLYGON
   CONNECTIONTYPE ogr
   CONNECTION "ocean.sqlite"
   DATA "select GEOMETRY from polygons"
   STATUS ON
   GROUP "default"
   CLASS
     NAME "ocean"
     STYLE
       COLOR "#579ae3"
     END
   END
END

Because of the debug level I get the following Error message on any single feature:

msOGRFileNextShape: Rejecting feature (shapeid = XXXXX, tileid=0) of incompatible type for this layer (feature wkbType 0, layer type 2)

Any hint?

Sven

--
"Ich fürchte mich nicht vor der Rückkehr der Faschisten in der Maske der
Faschisten, sondern vor der Rückkehr der Faschisten in der Maske der