[mapserver-users] Using spatialite with mapserver

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 01:05:52 PDT 2012

>This looks like an OGR bug, I have correct info in views_geometry_columns
(refering to
>geom2 of the main table) and in geometry_columns (both geom1 and geom2 has
>records).
>
>For now, forget multiple geometries and create new single geometry tables
and enjoy the
>speed of Spatialite and Mapserver.
>
>-Jukka Rahkonen-

thx Jukka,

Is an unpleasant situation this ogr bug.
My table af many fields attribute . it is about 15 Gbyte (gasp!)
so split it in two tables so separate the geometries is not a beatiful
action. :)

But I'm notice another question.

Infact after remove the secondary geometries (sigh), I can see that there
is a strange liit due to numer of elements.
Infact Mapserver work with this sql:

    DATA 'SELECT field1, field2, field3, geometry from table LIMIT 20000'

but don't work with this other sql:

    DATA 'SELECT field1, field2, field3, geometry from table LIMIT 200000'

Seem there is a max number of elements retrieval.
The strange is that with this second sql MapServer don't do nothing.
Simply it end its work without generate no map.
No error log report is write.

Perhaps there is a setting to say how much memory mapserver (or ogr) must
use for resultset from DB ?

Thx.

Andrea Peri
qwerty àèìòù