[mapserver-users] Spatialite tables with multiple geometry columns

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 07:08:02 PDT 2012

thx Jukka for response.
I'll try it just now.

>I am remembering that QGis cannot make layers from Spatialite with SQL
queries.

(sorry for OT)

there is a plugin for this it is named RT_Sql_Layer
(RT is for "Regiony Tuscany".)

It allow to define a layer as sqlquery directly on the DB for Postgres and
for Spatialite.

You must define a spatialite connection using the spatialite provider and
after you can launch the plugin choose that connection and define a sql
layer to add to the canvas.

Best regards,

Andrea.

2012/8/4 Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>

> Hi,
>
> I can't test myself right now because I cannot access gisinternals.comfor getting a fresh Windows build. However, I for using geom2 of a
> multigeom table would try with
>
> DATA 'SELECT geom2,attr1,attr2.... FROM table'
>
> You can also create a spatial view which selects geom2 on the Spatialite
> side and use then simply
> DATA 'view'
>
> Another advantage in creating spatial view is that they can be used
> directly in QGis once it will have fresh enough GDAL version. I am
> remembering that QGis cannot make layers from Spatialite with SQL queries.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-
>

> ________________________________
> Andrea Peri wrote:
>
> > Hi Roualt,
>
> > thx for patch,
>
> > I'm go to test it.
> > Just a question to understand how use it.
>
> > the sintax 'TABLE(GEOMETRY)' should return also the attributes from
> table or only the geometry without attribute ?
>
> > regards,
>
> --

Andrea Peri
qwerty àèìòù