[mapserver-users] issue when upgrading layer from 5.x to 6.0

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Aug 8 07:02:37 PDT 2012

On 12-08-07 12:04 PM, Mark Volz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am upgrading a mapfile from Mapserver 5.x to Mapserver 6.0.  This map works fine in 5.x, however it crashes on the "STYLE" line.  If anyone sees anything wrong with this layer let me know.

Interesting problem.  If I was in this situation I would:

- make a copy of the mapfile and use that copy
- remove all other layers (by remove I mean delete it from the file)
  - after each removal/delete I would test with the shp2img utility with
-all_debug 5 switch
- remove all fontset and symbolset parameters
- remove all projection objects
- remove all objects that are not needed (reference, scalebar, etc)
- remove all commented lines
- remove expression from problem layer
- remove scales from problem layer
- remove width from problem style
- remove size from problem style
- still a problem with Style?  Remove the whole style object and re-run
shp2img

Basically my goal would be to have the shortest mapfile and still throw
the error - much easier to debug that tiny single mapfile.

Isn't debugging fun? :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna