[mapserver-users] issue when upgrading layer from 5.x to 6.0

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed Aug 8 07:19:31 PDT 2012

Am 08.08.2012 16:02, schrieb Jeff McKenna:
> On 12-08-07 12:04 PM, Mark Volz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am upgrading a mapfile from Mapserver 5.x to Mapserver 6.0.  This map works fine in 5.x, however it crashes on the "STYLE" line.  If anyone sees anything wrong with this layer let me know.
> Interesting problem.  If I was in this situation I would:
>
> - make a copy of the mapfile and use that copy
> - remove all other layers (by remove I mean delete it from the file)
>   - after each removal/delete I would test with the shp2img utility with
> -all_debug 5 switch
> - remove all fontset and symbolset parameters
> - remove all projection objects
> - remove all objects that are not needed (reference, scalebar, etc)
> - remove all commented lines
> - remove expression from problem layer
> - remove scales from problem layer
> - remove width from problem style
> - remove size from problem style
> - still a problem with Style?  Remove the whole style object and re-run
> shp2img
>
> Basically my goal would be to have the shortest mapfile and still throw
> the error - much easier to debug that tiny single mapfile.
>
> Isn't debugging fun? :)
>
> -jeff

Hello,

do you know the migration guide?
http://mapserver.org/MIGRATION_GUIDE.html#mapserver-5-6-to-6-0-migration

To me it looks like you have an error in your symbol-file

The old SYMBOL definition for a dashed line was like this:

Symbol
   NAME "dashed_line"
   Filled TRUE
   Type VECTOR
   POINTS
    0 1
    0 0
    1 0
    1 1
    0 1
   END
    5 10   2 10
   END
END

Then the parameter STYLE changed to PATTERN in the symbol definition.
And now in 6.x you define the PATTERN in the mapfile itself and not in
the SYMBOL-definition.

--

Best regards

Astrid