[mapserver-users] mapcache_seed ogr

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLKM Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Fri Aug 10 01:24:38 PDT 2012

> I would like to use mapcache_seed to generate tiles with ogr
> datasource.

OGR datasources in MapCache are used for clippers, ie. seed only tiles
that intersect those features which should be polygons.

> -d PG:"dbname='170.56.4.100' port='5432' user='user'
> password='password'"

According to http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_pg.html it should be
PG:"dbname='databasename' host='addr' port='5432' user='x'
password='y'"

> I don't know if problem come from command
> line or pg_hba.conf ?

Command line.

> Can I insert a filter with -l "id = 234" ?

Nope, -l is the layername which is in this case the table or view.
Should be -w for the WHERE clause. But note that (-l layer + -w where)
and (-s sql) are mutually exclusive.