[mapserver-users] Export map into pdf

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Aug 22 02:54:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

Define pdf as one of the outputformats.
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html

I am not sure how to make nice prints with legends and logos and such, but the map itself is easy to push into pdf with no extra work at all. Note that it can be geospatial pdf with coordinates
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html

Some example screenshots are in the bottom of this otherwise a bit outdated document
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Super_easy_WMS_server.pdf
and geospatial PDF created by Mapserver from OpenStreetmap data here.  It's all vector so it tolerates zooming however close.
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Lahti_geospat.pdf

-Jukka Rahkonen-