[mapserver-users] Different image for each point

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Aug 23 12:25:39 PDT 2012

A lot of this code has been changed in 6.2, but I think the basics still
work. I'm not sure if images are cached or not when using this method or
if it matters in your case. I guess ideally if it were a fixed set of
images then you want caching, but it they are all different then you
probably want to turn caching off, but I do not think there are any
controls for that. If you have the whole path to the image in the
attribute then you do not need to use an expression to concatenate the
path and name so it simplies to:

SYMBOL '[FILENAME]'

Also be aware that you should probably use a POINT layer and not
ANNOTATION layers as the latter is deprecated in 6.2 so upgrading it
will be easier.

-Steve W