[mapserver-users] [tinyOWS] libxml2 2.8.0 not released on debian

Olivier Courtin olivier.courtin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 00:14:16 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <
woodbri at swoodbridge.com> wrote:

Hi Stephen

> I'm trying to build tinyOWS on Debian, but the requirement for
> libxml2-2.8.0 is not released on stable (squeeze) and not in the backports
> either. It is in testing (wheezy) but mixing versions is a recipe for
> problems.
>
> It would be nice if you limited library versions to what is generally
> release on stable OSs.

A really annoying libxml2 bug was finally fixed and released with 2.8.
cf http://mapserver.org/trunk/fr/tinyows/libxmlschemagmlbug.html

Prior versions need workaround to make GML 3 works who could be IMHO more
tricky
than to compile manually libxml2.

--
Olivier